|Photo by my3peas|
For the Cookies
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 package spice cake mix (2 layer size)
1/2 cup milk
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 ounces marshmallow cream (7oz. jar)
Yields: 12-18 cookies
Prep time: 30minutes, Cooking time: 15minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- Starting with the cookies: beat pumpkin and butter with mixer until smooth
- Add cake mix, eggs, and milk. Beat on low speed until combined, then medium speed for one minute.
- Cover cookie sheets with parchment or oiled foil.
- Drop large mounds of dough 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees F. (oven preheated)
- Now the filling: Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and marshmallow cream. Only beat until combined well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When cookies are cool, spoon filling onto bottom cookie and sandwich together.
- Eat and you're done!