Friday, November 4, 2011

On A Great Note: Congrats To My Uncle!

Tonight my Uncle on my Mother's side of the family chose to get baptized! Hey, "better late than never", right? When I got baptized on Mother's Day of this year, it was like I had to finally do it on my own or I just wouldn't ever do it after that moment. I had been contemplating over it for years before that point! The funny thing is that right after I got baptized, the dreadful gray clouds and rain let up and gave way to a beautiful warm sunny day. LOL My first thought was from the book of Matthew 3:13-17, when heaven opened and God said He is pleased with His Son.

Some people just come to the light slower than others. They make themselves have to go through "the fire of suffering that brings forth the gold of Godliness." ~Madame Guyon. Being baptized definitely does not mean you won't go through any troubles from here on out on earth. The Lord Himself had troubles and temptations, what makes you think you won't? See 1 Peter 4:12-19. I think the suffering gets worse or more intense in some ways actually. Think of it as you're right along with Jesus in the desert being tempted right after being baptized. Indeed, we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory (Romans 8:17). My minister was so right when he told me afterwards, "Now the easy part is over". You'll look back and wonder why'd it take you so long to get baptized when that's the easier part of God's whole plan.

I am acknowledging that I believe in the Lord and all of His strength and mercy. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I'm taking on more spiritual responsibility with my outward and inward actions. When you're trying to do the right things and succeeding, that scoundrel of a devil presses harder to get you. See Galatians 6:9. I take it as a compliment that I'm doing something right and the devil can't take it. When that one thing that was bothering you goes away because you've conquered it, something else troubling pops up. Thank goodness, I realize that the hardships are there to help you grow. God's goal is not to completely break you. See 1 Corinthians 10:13. If you are doing something wrong, the Lord does discipline those He loves. Like a father to His children. See Hebrews 12:4-7. I don't know about you, but I'd rather keep getting disciplined real fast here on earth then for an eternity in hell.

Prayer is very important. Always keep communication with the Lord open. Be sure to praise Him before asking for what you want, even through the rough times. How would you like it if you helped people EVERYDAY, ALL DAY, then someone else is asking for stuff without a simple heart-felt thank you? See Ephesians 1:15-23, and 2 Thessalonians 5:16.

1 Peter is a great book in the Bible to read. I highly suggest reading  The Purpose Driven Life: What On Earth Am I Here For? by Rick Warren as a great Bible study guide.

Oh gravity stay away from me, Lord just keep me where the light is. Amen.
1 John 1:5-10 and 2:1-14,
Luke 11:33-36 (NIV)