1 ounce Fontina Fontal cheese
2 slices extra-smoky, extra-thick cut bacon
1 English muffin, split (I love English muffins)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 large egg
Yield: serves 1
- Place cheese in freezer until well chilled, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, place bacon on a griddle over medium-high heat; cook until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Remove cheese from freezer, cut two slices, and grate remaining cheese on the largest holes of a box grater; set aside.
- Place English muffin split-side down in skillet; cook until toasted. Turn and top each half with a slice of cheese. Reduce heat and cook until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt butter on griddle; crack egg onto melted and fry until whites are set; turn and top egg with grated cheese; continue cooking until yolk has reached desired degree of doneness.
- Carefully transfer egg to large muffin half. Top egg with bacon in an "X" and sandwich with remaining muffin half; serve immediately. DELICIOUS!