Here's a fun way to use those skimpy leftover pieces of bar soap!
What You Need:
- A bar of soap (I use Dove unscented)
- A cheese grater
- A sauce pan or pot
- Empty soap dispensers
- Essential oil (optional)
- Soap coloring (optional)
- Grate a bar of soap.
- If you have a four ounce bar of soap, then you'll need to boil four cups of water. Just use one cup of water for every ounce of soap.
- Turn off the heat, and add the soap. Stir to melt the soap. Continue stirring until the mixture is fully combined. At this point the mixture will be very liquidy.
- Let mixture cool for at least 15 minutes. Stir again. The soap should be slightly thicker. Let cool for another several hours or overnight.
- Stir to check the consistency. If it seems too liquidy, reheat and add more soap. If it seems too thick reheat and add more water.*
- If desired, add a few drops of essential oil and coloring.
- Pour soap into dispensers* and enjoy!