|Rihanna rocking her red fishtail!|
Items that will help you achieve the look:
Phase 1: Divide
Gather all of your hair to one side. Rub in some pomade down the length of your hair to give it some grip. Divide the tail into two sections, keeping them seperate while braiding.
Phase 2: Cross
Take a small section from the outside of one half and cross it over the front to the other side, adding it to the other half. The smaller the piece, the more intricate your braid will look. Repeat on the other side with a same size section of hair.
Phase 3: Repeat
Continue down the length of your hair all the way to the ends. Secure it with an elastic; leave some hair out framing the face.
Need the steps repeated, because you're probably like, "huh?", right now?
- Pull hair back into a tight ponytail.
- Separate the ponytail into two strands.
- Once you have separated the pony, start out by holding the two strands in your left hand.
- Now, take a thin piece from the outside of the right strand and join it with the left strand.
- With your left hand take a thin piece from the outside of the left strand and join it with the right strand
|Angela Simmons fishtail braid |
is two-toned with highlights!