Blueberry Cream Cheese Stuffed Baked French Toast
1 loaf white bread, no crusts
1/2 loaf French bread
4 cups fresh blueberries or 4 cups frozen blueberries, rinsed
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Prep Time: 10 minutes. Total Time: 55 minutes.
- Cut white bread into cubes and place into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over bread.
- Microwave cream cheese in bowl for 2 minutes.
- Stir carefully and add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1 teaspoons vanilla.
- Spread over blueberries.
- Cut French bread into 10-1 inch thick slices, place over cream cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, half&half, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered, then uncover for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let set before slicing.
- Sift powdered sugar over before serving.
Also nice with sausage patties! In which, the sausage my daughter is devouring with a nice warm bowl of blueberry oatmeal (because she can't have eggs) on this snowy cold day! If you're a SAHM in the area, you'll have plenty of time to bake this at home with your kids since this is a snowday for many of the schools in the area. If you're working, or don't have any of the ingredients on hand, then this is a great recipe to try on a nice Sunday morning!