Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bad-Mood Intervention

Sometimes we all need to perform a bad-mood intervention for ourselves. Some bad experiences can have lingering effects, but it doesn't have to stay that way. This is for myself. I have noticed others are going through an mixed bag of inner-struggle too. So, this could also be for you at this particular time.

  1. Don't believe in all of the negative things you tell yourself. You are your own worse critic. So tell the inner heckler to SHUT-UP!
  2. Walk with my head held high and own it, what ever it is.
  3. Smile even when I don't feel like it. It makes me even more so approachable. Every time I leave the house, even just for a walk, a different guy approaches me (great ego boost). Funny that's when I feel like I'm so sweaty and icky I just wanna get back home to the shower.
  4. Change up your scenery. Rearrange furniture, add real flowers, paint a wall etc.
  5. Always have something to look forward to like going out to dinner, hosting a party, or buy tickets early for a show.
  6. BGTY (be good to yourself). You can't let your happiness depend on anybody else.

No comments: