Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Calling All Hopeless Romantics: Twilight

The latest installment of the Twilight Saga has a really lovely style, then again, there was a wedding to be had! There was a huge build-up over the top secret wedding dress. 


The official replica of Bella Swan's gown.
The official replica gown is designed by Alfred Angelo. He has worked exclusively with Summit Entertainment since May to get the gown out in time for the premiere. Dresses were available since Monday at Alfred Angelo stores nationwide, priced at $799. The onscreen dress is designed by Carolina Herrera. She will be selling her dresses at the CHNY boutique starting next year. I like this gown, but I would add more pizazz to it somewhere. It is however, very much a gown for Bella, simple, very innocent, and sweet with lace.

One thing I can say is that each soundtrack does a great job in capturing the overall essence of each movie, but with just a few odd ball fill-ins thrown into the mix.

Tracks I adore on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Pt. 1 [Original Soundtrack] are:
(in the order of CD)

1. Endtapes - Joy Formidable
2. Love Will Take You - Angus & Julia Stone
4. Turning Page
6. A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
10. Northern Lights - Cider Sky
11. Flightless Bird, American Mouth (Wedding Version) - Iron & Wine

Iron & Wine's track ties Edward and Bella's dance at prom and their wedding together. I think when you actually listen to the lyrics instead of just the melody they're quite strange. So Turning Page is my absolute favorite, (not by default) just can't get enough of it. The lyrics fit the melody so well. It just oozes honey! Needless to say, hopefully some day this will be part of my own wedding playlist.

Turning Page  
 Performed by Sleeping at Last

Written by: Ryan O'Neal (of Sleeping At Last)

I've waited a hundred years
But I'd wait a million more for you
Nothing prepared me for
What the privilege of being yours would do

If I had only felt the warmth within your touch
If I had only seen how you smile when you blush
Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough
I would have known what I was living for all along.
What I've been living for

Your love is my turning page
Where only the sweetest words remain
Every kiss is a cursive line
Every touch is a redefining phrase

I surrender who I've been for who you are
For nothing makes me stronger than your fragile heart
If I had only felt how it feels to be yours
Well, I would have known what I've been living for all along
What I've been living for

Though we're tethered to the story we must tell
When I saw you, well, I knew we'd tell it well
With a whisper we will tame the vicious seas
Like a feather bringing kingdoms to their knees

Etsy shop CarolinePhotographie

No comments: