Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weird Movie Wednesday

Here is where I get to share a weird movie each Wednesday! I've taken chances with some movies at the library throughout the years just because I didn't want to sit through the same ol' movies, yet again. Things that grab my attention on the movie case are: the title, the cast, if it looks indie, and if it looks like its funny. I don't read the movie descriptions all of the time because I don't want to know the whole plot before I see the movie. Most of the time I am pleasantly surprised my quirky picks from the library are actually good movies. If you want a full review go look it up on your own. I'm not giving any description so that you may be pleasantly surprised too if you haven't seen it yet!



I just picked up City Island from the library last week. You can't miss any part of this though or you won't understand all of the connections! The crazy thing is that this movie is showing on STARZ channel right now and I was already planning on starting Weird Movie Wednesday (WMW) with this pick!

2 comments:

Makeba Giles said...

This is something that I do too! But I do it at movie rental stores (I need to go to the library instead since it's more cost-efficient! LOL)but I love indie movies and always look for cases/casts that catch my eye. I do read the descriptions on the back of the cases, though! lol ~I love having my own 'movie nights' just to myself to watch and enjoy, which I don't get that often but when I do, they're lots of fun! ~thanks for sharing!

Woody said...

I really liked this movie, too! I love weird movies. Along with not reading the descriptions on movies, when I see a movie in theaters I don't even like to watch the preview because I feel like it gives away the whole movie!