Monday, February 6, 2012

Language of Roses

Ashton Kutcher and George Lopez
 as floral deliverymen in Valentine's Day movie.

Florists usually can't keep up with the demand of roses on Valentines Day. This is what makes roses so expensive and why guys furthermore detest the month of February. Since roses are the popular choice on Valentines Day this is all about the Language of Roses.

Be sure not to send the wrong message!

Red Roses = "I love you" Send them if your intentions are long-lasting and romantic.
Yellow Roses = Friendship on Valentines Day
Deep Pink Roses = "Thank you"
Light Pink Roses = Fun and Happiness
Pale Pink (lighter than light pink) Roses = 3G network as in: Gentleness, Grace, Gratitude
Lilac Roses = Enchanted. "Love at first sight has taken place!"
White Roses = "I miss you" and "You're Heavenly". Innocent and true.
Orange Roses = Enthusiasm
Coral Roses (bold orange-red color) = Desire!
Peach Roses (soft orange but not too pale) = Appreciation


Have fun sending combined messages with color combinations!

Red Roses + Yellow Roses = Celebration of happiness.
Red Roses + White Roses = Bonding harmony.
White Roses + Yellow Roses = Harmony


But what amount shall you give? Come here, lets talk numbers.

Single Red Rose = "I love you" (but I'm not going to go broke telling you).
Single Rose Any Color = "Thank you" (and I'm still not going to go broke saying so).
Two Roses Entwined = An engagement or marriage is happening!
Full bouquet (12 or more) = I really really want to go the distance with you!
Long stemmed  = Expensive!

What nobody wants.. Dead Roses = "IT IS OVER!"

8 comments:

U said...

HILARIOUS but informational!! I am g=following via FB since they are doing away with the google friend connect!! :(
Please come follow me but via google + or FB!!

THANKS!!!

RetroFlirt said...

Thank you for taking out time to comment! I so dislike that there will be no more GFC. I will make sure to follow you on FB!

Unknown said...

Hi! I found you through blogaholic. Your post is very cute. I'm your newest follower. Come visit me at www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to follow you from BSN. Lovely informative site!

Please follow me back at http:encorehomestagingredesign.blogspot.com I write about decorating, color, and home staging.

Mary Habres

RetroFlirt said...

Hi ladies! I'll definitely stop by and add back! ;-)

Heather Murphy said...

Hi, stopped by for the BSN hop. Very informative, helpful post but you forgot the sterling rose from Bed of Roses. No thorns, almost too perfect :)

RetroFlirt said...

@ Heather,
Oh yeah I did forget that! Thanks for adding to the discussion! ;-)

Makeba Giles said...

I absolutely love pink roses--they are my favorite far beyond red ones!! I wish I could be surrounded by pink roses every day! :)