Sunday, October 2, 2011

Do The Potty Dance!



Since I have a two year old it's definitely been time to introduce the potty! I actually have one of the free potty training DVD's from Huggies brand. One sure sign of readiness is when your tot starts taking their diaper off and attempting to run around the house commando! Thank goodness I stopped that in it's tracks. Another sign is when your tot can understand that the bathroom is where the potty is located.

At the RetroFlirt residence yesterday the Safety 1st Potty Seat was introduced:

It even has the "flushing" sound effect
and you can record a quick praise such as:
"good job" or "YAY!" with your own voice
 to your child

Naturally after introducing this to my child she oohed and aahed over the sheer excitement of a new item that's all hers. I even let her sit on it commando for the first time yesterday, but it ended up still being an empty pot. Of course, what happend ten seconds after I put the diaper back on...she soils the diaper! I couldn't be mad at her. That really was to be expected. I already know that I don't want to put pressure on her and give her a negative feel for the potty seat. Now today she keeps trying to drag it with her like it's a toy babydoll that she can take everywhere with her!

Are you going through the potty training stage with your minnie me too? Have you already been over and through with this stage? How long did it take your tot to get the hang of it?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love!

RetroFlirt said...

Congrats to your blog milestone and for your engagement! Thanks for commenting on my blog. Before I even saw your comment and visited your blog my next post was over President Obama's anniversary and I posted pics of a wedding dress. I must have been picking up your wedding vibes! LOL

P.S. I'm now a follower of yours!