Manners on how not to offend servers while dining out:
- Simply explain the problem with the food and ask for a solution.
- Don't assume you're not at fault. If the mistake was your fault (not reading the menu or misreading the menu), apologize and ask for a new dish.
- If it's the cooking staff fault, maintain your composure. It helps to say to the server something like, "I know this isn't your fault, but this is undercooked."
- 15 to 20% is customary.
- If he/she does an exceptional job, pay more.
- If you come in with a large group make sure to ask if gratuity is added into your check so you don’t unintentionally double tip them.
- To the guys, this goes a long way on a date. Women love to see real gentlemen.